JPL LIVE WEB CASTS:
You may receive credit for watching a "live" web broadcast by JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratories). Lectures are given ONCE a month on Thursdays at 7 pm. Click here to access the JPL Web Lecture Series to check on the next lecture date. Fill credit is given for a LIVE broadcast, only half credit is given for an archived broadcast.
YOU MUST WATCH THE 'LIVE'
BROADCAST ON THE THURSDAY (yes,
only Thursday) IT
IS FIRST PRESENTED!
The playing of the rebroadcasts will NOT count - BUT I would suggest you at least begin to watch an old one BEFORE you try to see it on the evening of the broadcast!!
You MUST have "Real Player" installed. Check at an old date to see if you can receive and play the broadcast. Be sure to select the FREE version of the software (no need to spend money) If you do not have a high speed connection, consider viewing the lecture at school, like in the Science Computer Room (glassed in area of H-245).
To receive credit, you must answer the following questions on Canvas within 30 minutes of the completion of the broadcast. Do your own answers!!
LECTURE CREDIT = 7 PTS (5 PTS IF WATCH ARCHIVED SHOW
AND/OR DON'T GET YOUR ANSWERS IN WITHIN 30 MINUTES)
EXTRA CREDIT LIMIT OF ONE WEB CAST PER SEMESTER!
JPL Live Webcast Form, Extra Credit
Due within 30 minutes of the end of the live webcast.
EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED USING Canvas!
Instructions given in class on how to do this.
1. Your Name
2. Class = 101??
3. Name of the webcast program.
4. Date you saw the webcast program.
5. Name of the person lecturing during the webcast program.
6. Did the lecturer present the material in a clear and logical sequence?
7. Describe a particular visual that impressed you.
8. Why did it impress you?
9. Did the lecturer have a good ending to the talk?
10. What is your overall grade for the lecturer? A, B, C, D, or F
11. Type a short paragraph summary of the program content.
12. What was the overall grade for the program content? A, B, C, D, or F
13. What was the best question/answer during the Q&A at the end?